How do I see you, the Assistant Manager Business Performance & Ops?
An independent and structured individual who will proactively engage to support business performance & operations and drive projects into revenue generating partnerships contributing to the long term growth of the business.
The Assistant Manager Business Performance & Ops is an enthusiastic, confident individual who will use his/her knowledge and problem solving skills to manage the business performance & operations for MicroEnsure. He/she will be tenacious,
proactive, and practical in his/her approach with a persuasive style to influence others and deliver outcomes.
The Assistant Manager Business Performance & Ops will have a senseof urgency in his/her daily work and be able to handle a variety of tasksimultaneously. He/she will be analytical in his/her approach, be comfortable with data and be
able to present options and outcomes in an engaging manner.
The Assistant Manager Business Performance & Ops will work closely with the Manager Business Performance & Ops, collaborate with in-country functions and global teams.
Assistant Manager Business Performance & Ops Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Project Management: Assist to lead the management of multiple projects within the sales pipeline, ensuring actions are identified, tracked and executed on time to meet project milestones. Assist in the creation
of documentation for MicroEnsure’s Decision Gate governance.
- Customer & Data insights: Analyze data & customer behavior using qualitative and quantitative approach to drive the change that can improve the overall business performance or revenue growth.
- Partner Engagement: Rapidly build relationships across partner organizations. Keep all stakeholders informed and updated with the project status and reset expectations where needed.
- Partner Communications: Establish & maintain deep relationships with key partnerships. Continually communicate with key stakeholders to update them on product and service performance, rapidly addressing challenges
as they arise.
- Service Delivery & Reporting: Collaborate with partners to ensure product data is delivered on time and claims are paid, exceeding agreed service levels. Develop a deep understanding of the partner’s operational
processes to identify opportunities for process/technology enhancement. Fulfill internal and external reporting and analysis when needed.
Reporting to Manager Business Performance & Ops:
Effective Project Management
- Create project plans for each business opportunity, lead project calls with multiple functions represented, identify key next steps and ensure actions are captured & communicated.
- Follow up with all stakeholders on actions ensuring they are completed within set timelines.
- Anticipate issues and challenges ahead of time and propose solutions to overcome and address to keep the project on track to completion.
- Ensure expectations of the customer and internal stakeholder are set and reset where required.
- Develop Presentation materials required for the internal “D-Gate” governance meetings ensuring all content is accurate and representative of the proposition.
- Utilise the MIC’s “DQ" way of selling to adopt clear communication techniques to all aspects of the project management, business development and sales engagements.
Customer & Data insights
- Analyze internal and external data to identify gaps and recommend solutions
- Conduct A,B testing to gauge the impact, implement to the live environment.
- Gather VOC, analyze trends and user feedback to improve product/ service
Deep Partner Engagement
- Collaborate with the partner to develop marketing plans for each quarter, highlighting activities and executing these within the key account.
- Prepare, engage and conduct training programs for the partner organization.This is essential prior to new launches and continue these through the year to maintain engagement with partner operation functions.
- Work with the partner to develop impactful public relations activities including; claims stories, social media messaging, claims disbursement & new product launch events.
- Identify marketing activities & opportunities with the use of marketing collateral and multimedia to showcase the impact of insurance protection for their customers.
Strong Partner Communications
- Establish & maintain frequent communication with key account stakeholders.
- Maintain and update an overview of each partner, monitor changes in personnel and business strategy to identify concerns or opportunities for future business.
- Provide prompt responses to customer queries, ensuring any complaints or conflicts are addressed and resolved rapidly and professionally.
- Maintain visibility at customer contact centers, branches & offices with a quarterly plan of scheduled in-person visits.
- Regularly communicate with partners regarding market insights that demonstrate your knowledge of insurance services & how that aligns with their business goals.
Exceptional Service Delivery
- Ensure all contracts and agreements are communicated and signed in accordance with renewal dates / regulatory filings.
- Work with the key account point of contact to ensure required data is delivered both from and to the partner to enable delivery of insurance cover for their customers.
- Monitor the customer claims weekly to ensure turn-around-time are being exceeded and liaising between internal operations and the partner to resolve issues rapidly.
- Develop a deep understanding of the partner’s operational processes to better integrate MicroEnsure’s technology solutions to improve customer service levels and efficiency of operation.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience in Client Management role or Operations/Project Management.
- Evidence of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Evidence of working with mobile network operators, mobile money, digital platforms and financial institutions.
- Evidence of working with and presenting to middle management.
- Evidence of modelling & analysis using MS Excel.
- Evidence of deep understanding of digital and Telco platforms.
- Evidence of the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to model and articulate MicroEnsure’s mission, vision and values.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio including using these tools to present materials orally and in written form.
- Fluency in spoken and written English will be essential.
Key Skills, Traits and Competencies
- Organization and planning
- Honesty/ integrity
- Follow-through on commitments
- Analytical skills/Problem solver
- Attention to details